Dating site DoingSomething.co.uk is giving 500 of London’s most adventurous singletons
the chance to date like never before. Fun activities on the EDF Energy London Eye will include life drawing, petting bunnies, and even the chance to take part in a mock wedding at 435ft
The 'Wheel of Date' takes place on 28th February when DoingSomething.co.uk will be transforming 30 London Eye capsules into different dating experiences. Now the site reveals three more of the capsules that are bound to give people something to talk about on a date!
Hackney City Farm will give singletons the opportunity to experience farming in the heart of the city will be bringing cute bunny rabbits for guests to pet whilst they enjoy the amazing views over London.
In the 'wedding' capsule, Reverend Duncan Pritchard will provide a heavenly ceremony for singletons to get hitched and exchange vows within moments of meeting, even providing the wedding attire, ring and a photographer for the happy occasion. Although the legally binding aspect is nil, the dressing up box of 80’s style meringue bridesmaids dresses is 100% real.
And finally, revealed today, singletons who find themselves in Shoreditch's ‘The Book Club’ will be studying the human form at a life drawing class. Of course, it will all be done in the best possible taste...
In addition to the mock-wedding, petting and life drawing capsule, other capsules on the wheel will be filled with quirky and cool activities showcasing the best London has to offer. DoingSomething.co.uk reached out to Time Out to co-curate the event. Expect to see not one but two kinds of karaoke, including KaraUke with a ukulele backing band, Future Cinema transforming capsules into Rick’s bar from Casablanca, a silent disco, table football, musical bingo and many more.
DoingSomething.co.uk CEO Matt Janes comments: "DoingSomething.co.uk is all about taking the awkwardness out of dating and having fun. And the Wheel of Date is a world first. Your capsule is allocated at random so you could be singing karaoke, playing table football or doing musical bingo. It’s a must do night for London’s most interesting and adventurous single folk...”
Notes to editors:
For more information please contact Bethany Pearson or Katie-Jo Flynn at 020 7693 6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are priced from ￡29 each, and include membership to the site and free entry to the after-party at London's Old Vic Tunnels and are available online at https://www.doingsomething.co.uk/wheel-of-date
DoingSomething.co.uk "Wheel of Date"
WHEN: 8.30 pm, Thursday 28th February 2013
WHERE:EDF Energy London Eye, South Bank
TICKETS:Available at https://www.doingsomething.co.uk/wheel-of-date
A SNAPSHOT OF THE DATING EXPERIENCES IN THE CAPSULES:
● Future Cinema will be transforming capsules to create an immersive cinematic experience
● Cafe Kick will help daters get to know each other better over a light spot of table football at 435ft - the perfect ice breaker
● The legendary club night Guilty Pleasures are creating miniature clubbing capsules Silent Disco UK will be hosting the ultimate dance-off in the air
● Lucky Voice will provide microphones and London inspired playlists for their karaoke capsule, while the Karauke capsule gives wannabes the chance to sing with their very own Ukulele backing band
● The Comedy Store will be hosting stand up gigs in their capsules, giving daters the chance to laugh off those first date jitters
● Other capsules will house the best in cabaret and alternative nightlife, with The Black Cat Cabaret and Musical Bingo with Jess Indeedy to name but two.
● Hip Shoreditch hang outs The Book Club and Queen of Hoxton are both getting involved with Life Drawing and Origami classes respectively.
DoingSomething.co.uk is taking London by storm since launching a year ago with 15,000 singletons having signed up already. Described by Grazia Magazine as ‘the latest way to date’ their tagline is ‘Dating’s more fun when you’re DoingSomething’. The only dating site to focus on what you actually do on a date, they’re hell bent on taking the awkward out of dating. The site suggests quirky and interesting things to do on dates.
Where other sites promise love, DoingSomething promises ping-pong. Or riding a Boris Bike. Or looking at some art. And if love happens while you’re distracted, so much the better It must work because they’ve already seen their first marriage and the first DoingSomething baby is due this April.
They’re expanding to other key UK cities including Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh then Internationally. The Wheel of Date is their first major event and they plan for it to become a regular fixture in the dating calendar.