Tuesday, 5 January 2010
NEWS FROM PREMIER INN
THE PERFECT BREAK!
PREMIER INN ANNOUNCES SPONSORSHIP DEAL
OF DEFENDING CHAMPION, RONNIE O’SULLIVAN,
FOR THE 2010 MASTERS SNOOKER
Ronnie “The Rocket” O’Sullivan, world-record holder for the fastest ‘perfect break’ will be sponsored in January’s Masters Snooker by the UK’s biggest hotel chain, Premier Inn.
The defending champion is hoping to test out a new purple cue as part of the one-off sponsorship deal, which has been struck to celebrate Premier Inn’s own ‘perfect break’: since Summer 2009 over one million ‘Premier Offer’ room nights have been made available for just £29. Premier Inn’s perfect budget breaks include cut-price entry to top theme parks, sports facilities and beauty salons.
If O’Sullivan achieves a perfect break, Premier Inn has pledged to release 147 hotel rooms for free (terms and conditions apply), to the first 147 people to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions for 147 free rooms if Ronnie makes a perfect break
• If Ronnie O’Sullivan achieves a ‘perfect break’ of 147 under normal conditions in the 2010 Snooker masters at Wembley Arena (10 – 17 January 2010), Premier Inn will make 147 rooms available free of charge (“The maximum break possible in snooker under normal circumstances is 147. This is often known as a maximum, or a 147 (or orally a one-four-seven). The 147 is amassed by potting all 15 reds with 15 blacks for 120 points then all six colours for a further 27 points.” SOURCE: Snooker Rules ).
• These rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 147 people emailing email@example.com after Ronnie O’Sullivan achieves a perfect break in the 2010 Snooker Masters at Wembley Arena (10 – 17 January 2010).
• The offer will only be made once – i.e., if Ronnie O’Sullivan achieves more than one ‘perfect break’ this offer will only count for the first time he achieves a ‘perfect break’ in the 2010 Snooker Masters at Wembley Arena (10 – 17 January 2010).
• The free rooms will be at various UK locations and dates decided by Premier Inn and will not be subject to negotiation. A cash alternative will not be offered. Stay must be taken before 30 November 2010.
• Entries will only be accepted from UK residents aged 18 and over who enter by email via firstname.lastname@example.org. No other entry mechanics are applicable / acceptable.
• Emails sent to email@example.com should include the entrant's full name, age (over 18) and contact details.
• The offer does not include travel expenses or breakfast and dinner expenses – the offer is for one room night for one person only.
• An individual will only be entitled to one free room as part of this promotion.
• Winners will be notified by email by 31 January 2010. A list of winners’ postcodes will be available on the Premier Inn website by 10 February 2010.
• Employees of Premier Inn, Whitbread, the promoters, associate companies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter
• Premier Inn reserves the right to cancel, withdraw or amend this promotion without notice.
About Premier Inn:
Award-winning Premier Inn is the UK’s biggest hotel chain with 583 budget hotels and more than 40,000 rooms across the UK and Ireland. Premier Inn bedrooms feature en-suite bathroom, TV with Freeview, and WiFi internet access. Premier Inn offers customers a money-back ‘Good Night Guarantee’ of a good quality room, comfortable surroundings and friendly service, which is unique amongst Britain’s leading hotel chains.
All Premier Inns feature a bar and restaurant; situated inside the hotel or adjacent, offering a wide range of food choices.
Premier Inn was the first Britain-wide hotel group to sign up with national tourist board VisitBritain; this means Premier Inn is now part of a new quality assessment scheme, specially created for budget accommodation.
In 2008 Premier Inn launched in Dubai and in 2009 opened in India. On a domestic front, Premier Inn is set to be the largest provider of budget hotels in London by the 2012 Olympics.
Premier Inn is currently offering rooms for just £29 (restrictions apply). Visit www.premierinn.com for full terms and conditions.
Lenny Henry is the ‘face’ of Premier Inn’s TV advertising campaign.