Monday, 20 September 2010
NEWS FROM PREMIER INN
SAY “I DO” TO THE BIG DAY WITHOUT THE BIG BUDGET
UK biggest budget hotel chain launches wedding package for just £199
You’ve heard of the 99p wedding dress and £100 reception? Now a hotel chain is launching a credit crunch busting £199 wedding package to give couples an affordable wedding and honeymoon.
With the average wedding now costing a staggering £21,000 , Brits could be mistaken for thinking that their big day needs a big budget to go with a bang. The UK’s biggest budget hotel chain Premier Inn is launching a wedding package for just £199, giving brides and grooms a day to remember – without the hefty price tag.
The great value £199 deal from Premier Inn is a limited offer for couples who are strapped for cash but want a special and affordable wedding day.
The wedding package is being offered at five Premier Inn locations across the UK and will include:
• Wedding outfits for the couple (suit/dress)
• Confetti for guests
• A buffet reception for up to 20 guests
• Wedding cake
• A Premier Inn Honeymoon – two night’s stay for the couple including dinner, bed and breakfast, rose petals for the bed, sparkling wine, strawberries and chocolates, spa hamper and nightwear
• Best man’s speech template
Premier Inn spokesperson Steve Conway says, “A wedding day doesn’t need to cost a fortune for it to be special. We hope that our bargain wedding package will help couples to have an enjoyable, romantic, stress-free day and a honeymoon that won’t break the bank.”
Newly engaged couple Lee and Kelly from London say they are really interested in the wedding package.
Kelly says “I was so excited when we got engaged but when I realised what the costs attached to paying for our dream day would be I really started to worry, we are definitely going to consider this offer.”
For further information, please contact Lisa Rebak or Hannah Calder-Bundy
at Frank PR on 0207 693 6999 or email email@example.com
You and Your Wedding magazine survey, February 2010
Sheffield/Barnsley Premier Inn, Maple Road, Tankersley, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S75 3DL; Swansea North Premier Inn, Upper Forest Way, Swansea Enterprise Park, Morriston, Swansea, SA6 8WB; Wigan (N6, J25) Premier Inn, Warrington Road, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 6XB; Coventry (M6, Jct 2) Premier Inn, Cross Point Business Park, Gielgud Way, Coventry; Newcastle (Metro Centre) Premier Inn, Derwent Haugh Road, Swalwell, Gateshead NE16 3BL
Terms and conditions for Premier Inn Wedding Package
1. The offer is available on a strictly first-come, first-served basis to couples wishing to be married between 1 November 2010 and 23 December 2010
2. The offer is only available to UK-resident couples aged 18 years and over
3. The Premier Inn wedding package must be requested at least 21 days in advance of the wedding date and requests can only be made online via firstname.lastname@example.org
4. When making a request, the following information must be given:
b. Contact telephone number as well as e-mail address
c. Preferred date for booking
d. Preferred site for booking
5. Email notification with a reference number will be sent to you if your request is successful in securing a booking within 48 hours of making your request
6. Following email notification Premier Inn will contact you via telephone to book your package, we will require credit card or debit card details to secure your booking. This offer is non-refundable and bookings are not amendable
7. Evidence of engagement and intention to marry must given in order to be eligible for the wedding package offer. Payment for the wedding license will be accepted as evidence.
8. The wedding package is only available at 5 selected Premier Inn hotels, on selected dates and subject to availability, with two packages available only at each of the 5 hotels: Sheffield/Barnsley Premier Inn, Maple Road, Tankersley, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S75 3DL; Swansea North Premier Inn, Upper Forest Way, Swansea Enterprise Park, Morriston, Swansea, SA6 8WB; Wigan (N6, J25) Premier Inn, Warrington Road, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 6XB; Coventry (M6, Jct 2) Premier Inn, Cross Point Business Park, Gielgud Way, Coventry; Newcastle (Metro Centre) Premier Inn, Derwent Haugh Road, Swalwell, Gateshead NE16 3BL
9. Each wedding package will include the following (or items of equivalent value): Asda wedding dress, Asda groom’s suit, 3x boxes of confetti, Asda Extra Special wedding cake, a buffet reception for up to 20 guests at the on-site Taybarns restaurant (with 1 alcoholic beverage for each guest over the age of 18 only.) The Honeymoon package will include the following (or items of equivalent value): two night’s stay at Premier Inn hotel for two people in a double room; main dinner meal with one glass of wine per person (from the on-site Premier Inn or adjacent Taybarns restaurant) for two people on each of the two nights stayed to value of £50 per meal per night, all-you-can-eat breakfast for two people on each on two mornings (from the on-site Premier Inn or adjacent Taybarns restaurant). Plus, complimentary bottle of Asda sparkling wine, box of Roses chocolates, rose petals for the bed, 300g punnet of Asda strawberries, a hamper of The Sanctuary spa treatments, men’s pyjamas and woman’s nightdress from Primark
10. Wedding package must be used before 23 December 2010
11. Premier Inn has the right to amend or withdraw this package without notice
12. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Premier Inn offers
13. Premier Inn cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorized access to submitted enquiries or enquiries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Premier Inn’s control
14. Premier Inn reserves the right to disqualify any submitted request if it has reasonable grounds to believe such entry may have breached any of these terms and conditions
15. This package is not available to employees of Whitbread Group plc, Premier Inn, Whitbread Restaurants, or Costa brands, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion