Thursday, 4 November 2010
NEWS FROM KIT KAT
The Saturdays go Sense-sationally Pink for Breast Cancer Campaign
Pop sensations The Saturdays are tying up with KIT KAT® Senses to host a one-off intimate gig later this year to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign.
The KIT KAT® Senses ‘Concert for a Cure’ is due to take place in the capital in December 2010 and will see the gorgeous girl band supported by up and coming new talent Daisy Dares You and Lauren Pritchard.
There are just 200 tickets up for grabs for this exclusive event, available via promotional KIT KAT® Senses Caramel Cream bars, featuring a pink ribbon. Each promotional bar has a unique code inside it and to be in the chance of winning you need to simply log on to www.facebook.com/kitkatuk and activate your code before 13th November 2010. Every time someone activates their code, an additional 10p will be donated to Breast Cancer Campaign by KIT KAT ® Senses.
Mollie King from The Saturdays says: ‘This is a fantastic event to be involved in and we hope that lots of people will be inspired to help donate money to such an important cause.’
A Nestlé spokesperson says: ‘We are honoured to be able to team up with Breast Cancer Campaign for this exclusive concert and we’re delighted to have such great artists on board to help us raise as much money as we can for the charity.’
Liz Monks from Breast Cancer Campaign says, ‘This is a fantastic new way to raise awareness and money for the cause. We hope that this concert will encourage people to donate money which will enable us to fund research into diagnosis, treatment, prevention and cure.’
Each pink KIT KAT® Senses Caramel Cream bar is worth a 10p donation and KIT KAT® Senses have pledged to raise a minimum of £100,000 for Breast Cancer Campaign. For every person who shows their support by activating their donation online, KIT KAT® Senses will donate an additional 10p per bar to the charity.
For further information please contact Lisa Rebak or Danielle Carter at Frank PR
on 0207 693 6999 or email email@example.com
About Kit Kat:
• With 165 calories, KIT KAT® SENSES™ has been hugely successful in attracting female consumers and has delivered incremental sales to both the KIT KAT® brand and the snacking category.
• KIT KAT® is the UK’s number 1 biscuit brand
• Total KIT KAT® brand grew 10% in 2007, as more and more consumers enjoyed a KIT KAT® break
• 37 KIT KAT® bars are eaten EVERY second!
• Four Finger KIT KAT® is designed for the classic 15 minute coffee break, two finger KIT KAT® for a family break and CHUNKY for a break on the go
• KIT KAT® was created in 1935 under the brand name “Rowntree’s Chocolate Crisp”. It changed to KIT KAT® in 1937
SOURCE – Nestle
About Breast Cancer Campaign:
• Breast Cancer Campaign aims to beat breast cancer by funding innovative world-class research to understand how breast cancer develops, leading to improved diagnosis, treatment, prevention and cure
• Currently it supports 106 research projects, worth over £16.3 million, in 40 centres of excellence across the UK and Ireland
• Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK and accounts for nearly one in three of all cancers in women
• In the UK, nearly 46,000 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed each year - that’s 125 a day
• Visit www.breastcancercampaign.org
• Read Chief Executive Pamela Goldberg’s blog http://pamelagoldbergblog.blogspot.com/
About the partnership:
• Breast Cancer Campaign is working with Nestlé UK and its Kit Kat Senses brand to raise a minimum of £100,000 for breast cancer research and awareness of the disease. In addition, each time a unique code, found on special promotional bars, is registered online, Campaign will receive a 10p donation.
• The partnership will be launched in September 2010 with the main focus of promotional activity around October to coincide with Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
• More information can be found at www.facebook.com/kitkatuk
Terms and Conditions
Open to UK, IoM, CI & ROI residents aged 16 and over. Final closing date for entry of codes is 13.11,10. See www.facebook.com/kitkatuk for full details.