Monday, 21 February 2011
NEWS FROM BENNETTS
JENNIFER METCALFE SWAPS MERCEDES FOR A MOTORBIKE
Hollyoaks actress launches 2011 Bennetts Babes Search
Swapping her lycra for leathers, former Dancing on Ice star Jennifer Metcalfe turned biker babe today to launch the search for the 2011 Bennetts Babes squad. The annual competition, run by the UK’s No.1 for bike insurance*, sees the nation’s sexiest babes compete for a place in the hottest squad in the biking world with a modelling contract also on offer.
Having left the reality show last Sunday, when judges voted to keep Vanilla Ice in the competition, the Hollyoaks actress best known for her role as mouthy Mercedes is now on the lookout for the next set of eight beauties to be the face of the biking brand. The Bennetts Babes, now in its eighth year, has played a huge part in the careers of a number of famous faces including Big Brother 10 winner Sophie Reade and This is Essex’s Maria Fowler.
With only eight places up for grabs, the chosen babes will be unveiled in April before taking part in a string of events, modelling assignments and marketing campaigns to represent Bennetts throughout 2011.
Hannah Squirrell, Marketing Director of Bennetts said “We’re after eight gorgeous girls to form this year’s Bennetts Babes squad and hope 2011 will be the biggest and best search yet! We wish all wannabe models the best of luck and hope everyone will be as eager as Jennifer step into a pair of leathers!”
For further details on the Bennetts Babes search and to enter, visit www.bennettsbabes.co.uk where you can upload your entry photos, contact details and statistics. To be in with a chance of making this year’s squad you must be over 18 and a UK resident. Deadline for entries is 14th March 2011.
* Based on brand tracking research in June 2010
- Ends –
For further information or photography please contact:
Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
HISTORY OF THE BENNETT
Now in its eighth year the Bennetts Babes are an established feature within the Bennetts brand and have previously been a well-known fixture at Superbike events and amongst the biking and wider male audience. The nationwide search to find the girls is well recognised and is becoming bigger and better every year.
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
• Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennett family in 1930 to provide insurance services for the West Midlands.
• In the early 1980’s Bennetts devised a number of specialist insurance schemes for all types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
• In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to launch a quote and buy facility through its website, www.bennetts.co.uk.
• In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
o The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
o The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
• In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
• In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the entire 2008 championship.
• Bennetts has been personal sponsor of two-time World Superbike Champion James Toseland since July 2007.
• In June 2010 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s No.1 brand for bike insurance.