Wednesday, 4 February 2009
NEWS FROM BENNETTS
Oil Prices Fuel Concern For Bikers
Fuel prices named primary worry in 2009 for British bikers
Uncertainty over fuel prices in the next twelve months is the biggest worry for motorcyclists on Britain’s roads according to a survey released today by Bennetts. Despite oil prices falling over last six months, Bennetts, the UK’s number one for bike insurance*, has revealed a staggering 40% of bikers worry about the impact of any increases in fuel prices more than anything else on the road over the next year.
As Brits tighten their purse strings with the onset of a recession, the poll of motorcyclists from across the country shows the financial implication of riding a motorbike is at the forefront of their minds. In response, Bennetts launched its latest promotion offering 12 months for the price of 9** on all its insurance policies before the end of February.
Paul Galligan, Director at Bennetts says, “We want to encourage bikers to continue riding by helping to reduce the cost of biking in 2009. With this in mind, we are giving bikers the opportunity to save 25% on their bike insurance over the next 6 weeks following the launch of our 12 months for the price of 9 promotion.”
Increased numbers of motorists on Britain’s roads was found to be the second biggest concern for 2009 with 15% of votes in the survey, followed by deteriorating road surfaces (12%) and increased numbers of speed cameras (12%). Finally, theft (9%) was the fifth most popular concern for bikers over the coming year.
To shake off the winter blues and take advantage of the 12 for 9 promotion**, simply call 0800 975 9161 or get a quote online at www.bennetts.co.uk.
Top 5 Primary concerns for bikers in 2009
Increasing fuel prices
More motorists on the road
Deteriorating road surfaces
Increased number of speed cameras
- Ends –
* Based on brand tracking research in April 2008
** Terms and conditions
· Customers will automatically receive a 25% discount on their basic premium. Any additional products such as breakdown cover or any fees/charges are not included.
· Where a policy is paid for by monthly instalments, a deposit and 10 monthly instalments will still be payable and each instalment will be reduced to give a 25% discount of the basic premium.
· Offer ends 28 February 2009.
· Offer only available to new customers
· Offer may be withdrawn at any time on reasonable notice.
· The offer does not apply to any amendments made to the policy after purchase.
For further information, contact details or photography please contact:
Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
Bennetts is a trading name of BISL Limited, Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS. Registered in England No. 3231094.
BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
· Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennetts family in 1930 to provide insurance services to people throughout the West Midlands.
· In the early 1980’s Bennetts decided to devise a number of specialist insurance schemes that would meet the needs of different types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
· In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to offer the ability to buy insurance online, through its website, www.bennetts.co.uk.
· In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
· The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
· The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
· In May 2003, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
· Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson in May 2003.
· In April 2008 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorcycle insurance.
· In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
· In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
· Bennetts was personal sponsor of Moto GP contender and former World Superbike Champion James Toseland from July 2007 to December 2008.