Friday, 8 May 2009
NEWS FROM BENNETTS
Miss United Kingdom Becomes Biking Babe
Bennetts unveils the 2009 Bennetts Babes
After months of scouring the country, the UK’s number one for bike insurance* can now reveal the all new Bennetts Babes 2009. Following a launch earlier in the year with blonde bombshell Nicola McLean, this year’s squad boasts Miss United Kingdom and a Miss Scotland finalist alongside a bevy of biking beauties.
Now in its sixth year, the competition has set pulses racing with over 500 girls vying for just seven exclusive places in one of the country’s most desired modelling squads. The competition saw 27 year-old WAG Nicola return to her biking routes as she slipped into her leathers to kick-off the search, helping to generate a record number of entries from girls (and a handful of male applicants!) across the UK.
After scaling down the entrants, 40 babes were selected to attend a ‘one-off’ castings day in Birmingham, from which the final seven were chosen. Shortly after the dazzling squad were whisked off to an exclusive studio to meet each other for the first time and take part in their first glamorous photoshoot.
This year’s Bennetts Babes are also debuting an all-new uniform which is sure to get fans revved up. The all-in-one red hot pant catsuit is the Babes’ sexiest ever outfit, showing off all the girl’s best assets. Acting as the face of Bennetts, the babes will now live life in the fast lane for the remainder of the year as they go onto take part in a string of modelling assignments, marketing campaigns and promotional activity over the coming year.
For more details on the Bennetts Babes log on to bennetts.co.uk which will feature new and exciting material throughout May.
2009 Bennetts Babes;
Hayley Mac (Miss United Kingdom)
Heather Weir (Miss Scotland Finalist)
* Based on brand tracking research in April 2009
- Ends –
For further information or photography please contact:
Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
Bennetts is a trading name of BISL Limited, Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS. Registered in England No. 3231094.
BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
HISTORY OF THE BENNETTS BABES
Now in its sixth year, the Bennetts Babes are an established feature within the Bennetts brand and have previously been a well-known fixture at Superbike events and amongst the biking and wider male audience. The nationwide search to find the girls is well recognised and is becoming bigger and better every year.
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
· Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennetts family in 1930 to provide insurance services to people throughout the West Midlands.
· In the early 1980’s Bennetts decided to devise a number of specialist insurance schemes that would meet the needs of different types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
· In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to offer the ability to buy insurance online, through its website, www.bennetts.co.uk.
· In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
· The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
· The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
· In May 2003, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
· Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson in May 2003.
· In April 2009 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorcycle insurance.
· In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
· In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
· Bennetts is personal sponsor of Moto GP contender and former World Superbike Champion James Toseland.