Thursday, 8 April 2010
NEWS FROM DISNEY CHANNEL
SELENA GOMEZ LAUNCHES NEW FASHION RANGE
‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ fans can now dress in style
Selena Gomez, star of Disney Channel’s ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’, today (7th April 2010) launched a brand new clothing range available exclusively from George at ASDA.
Selena, renowned for her own impeccable sense of style, launched the new range of fun and colourful clothing at an exclusive fashion show in London, where she also performed her catchy debut single ‘Naturally’.
The ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ range is aimed at girls, aged 4 to 12 years old, and has been designed to echo Selena’s character, Alex’s, vibrant personality in the hit TV show that is taking the UK by storm.
At the launch, Selena Gomez commented, “I am really excited about the new ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ fashion range and hope that all the fans enjoy being able to imitate Alex’s cool and stylish look in the show!’
Fiona Lambert, George Brand Director, said, “We know that George at ASDA shoppers love ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ so we were very pleased to be able to bring this new range to all our stores. Our team thoroughly enjoyed designing the range and we hope that all the fans are as pleased with it as we are!”
The full fashion range, which includes t-shirts, leggings, dresses and shoes will be sold exclusively in all ASDA stores from the 5th April 2010, priced from £4 to £9.50.
Disney Channel and George at ASDA are running a competition for any budding fashion designers to be in with a chance of having their t-shirt design made and then signed by Selena. To be in with a chance of winning, log onto www.george.com (full terms and conditions apply)*.
For further information or images of the range, please contact Frank PR on 0207 693 6955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
The UK’s number one kids’ channel, Disney Channel taps into the world of kids and families with its mix of live-action shows such as Hannah Montana and tailor-made movies like Camp Rock and Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie. All programming is created around a set of values, which help kids navigate the challenges of growing up and encourage them to believe in themselves, follow their dreams and celebrate family.
*Terms and Conditions:
The promoters of this competition are George at Asda, George House, Coventry Road, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4XH
and Disney Channel UK, a division of The Walt Disney Company Limited, Chiswick Park Building 12, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5AN (collectively the “Promoter”). By entering this competition you (the “you”, “Entrants (s)”) and where applicable your parents/ legal guardians (collectively the “Parent”) accept the following terms and conditions:
1. The competition is open to United Kingdom and Eire residents only, between the age of 6 (six) and 16 (sixteen) years (with the assistance of a Parent) on the closing date of the competition, excluding employees of Promoter or anyone else connected to the competition and/or their immediate family. Entries sent via agents or third parties will not be accepted. Entrants must obtain the bill payer’s permission before going online.
2. PARENTAL CONSENT. Entrants must obtain permission from a Parent before entering this competition and must submit the telephone number and/or email address of the Parent. Promoter reserves the right to invalidate entries if the appropriate authorisation is or was not provided.
3. COMPETITION DATES. The competition starts on 00:01 5th April, 2010 and closes at midnight on 30th April, 2010. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.
4. REGISTRATION PROCESS. Entrants must register on or log-in to the Wizards of Waverley Place design a t-shirt competition page (the “Competition Page”) on the www.disneychannel.co.uk website (the “Website”) in order to enter this competition.
5. ENTRY ROUTE. Entries are accepted via Internet: the Competition Page on the Website.
Promoter does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, illegal, illegible, misdirected late entries or verification emails/calls sent by parents but not received by Promoter.
6. COMPETITION ENTRY & SELECTION PROCESS. Entrants must:
• Visit the Competition Page on the Website and register on the site if they have not already done so.
• Read the instructions on the Website,
• Design the t-shirt using the template on the Website (the “Design(s)”). Entries are non-returnable.
• Entries received without relevant details will not be accepted and all materials will be destroyed.
Following the close of the competition the Promoter will:
• View all valid entries will be viewed and shortlisted by Promoter following which
• 1 (one) winner (the “Winner”) and 5 (five) runners up (the “Runners Up”) will be selected in accordance with the Judging Criteria.
7. JUDGING CRITERIA. All Designs will be viewed by a team of judges from George at Asda who will then select the Winner and Runners Up. The Winner and Runners Up will be the entrants whose Designs, in the opinion of the judges, demonstrate the greatest originality. The judges shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on the award of the prize.
8. PRIZE CONFIRMATION & ACCEPTANCE. The Winner and Runners Up Parents will receive a confirmation message via telephone by 30th May, 2010 and a subsequent follow up email (please see Child Safety notice). The Promoter must receive a positive response from the Parent no later than 15th June 2010. If a positive response is not received within such period or Promoter is unable to contact Entrant(s)/ Parent, the Promoter reserves the right to select alternative Entrants in their absolute discretion and the Promoter shall have no liability in respect of the entry initially selected. If the Entrants drawn declines to/ cannot take part, a further draw will take place until the properly completed entries required are drawn and a positive response is received from the Parent.
9. FIRST PRIZE. There is 1 (one) first prize for the Winner consisting of: 1 (one) t-shirt printed with their Design and signed by Selena Gomez
• Prize fulfilment is subject to availability
• Unless otherwise stated in the prize description, winner(s) and prize participants are solely responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with claiming the prize.
• Winner(s) will be required to sign a release form.
• Winner(s) may be required to take part in any publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
• Prize is not suitable for children under the age of 6 (six).
10. RUNNER UP PRIZES. There are 5 (five) runner up prizes consisting of: 1 (one) x goody bag for each Runner Up, consisting of Wizards of Waverley Place merchandise
• Unless otherwise stated in the prize description, winners and prize participants are solely responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with claiming the prizes.
• Runners Up may be required to sign a release form
11. CONTRIBUTION/ FILMING. The winner may be asked to consent to filming a television appearance in relation to the prize (“Contribution”) and in such event the winner shall consent to the recording and/or broadcasting of the Contribution and the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner shall assign to The Walt Disney Company Limited all rights of whatsoever nature including all copyright in respect of the Contribution and grant all further consents or licences necessary to enable the fullest use of the Contribution throughout the universe in perpetuity by any and all means in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without liability or acknowledgement.
12. COPYRIGHT. By entering this competition you and your Parent hereby (i) confirm you are the owner of the Design (ii) the entry submitted does not knowingly infringe the copyright of any other third party and (iii) assign to The Walt Disney Company Limited (and its affiliates) all rights of whatsoever nature including all copyright in the Design and grant to The Walt Disney Company Limited all further consents or licenses necessary to enable The Walt Disney Company Limited to make the fullest use of the Design throughout the universe in perpetuity by any and all means in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without liability or acknowledgement to the you.
13. PERSONAL DATA. All personal information about Entrants collected for the purpose of this competition may be shared with other Promoter entities and/or agents to (i) fulfil the prize (ii) enable Promoter to carry out its broadcasting, promotional and marketing activities in relation the competition and, (iii) list the winner(s) on Promoter’s websites. Entrants accept that if they win the competition, the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use their first name, age, town/city of residence and likeness for the purposes of announcing the winner of this competition and for related promotional purposes.
14. WINNERS LIABILITY. Winner(s)/ prize participant(s) take full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, demands or causes of action they may hereafter have for injuries or damages arising in connection with any prize and the use thereof and agree not to sue or make claim against the Promoter for damages or other losses sustained from using any prize.
15. PROMOTER’S LIABILITY. As far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier. The receipt by winner(s) of any prize is conditional upon the winner(s) complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these Competition Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise stated in the prize description, winners are solely responsible any additional costs and expenses associated with claiming prizes.
16. PRIZE FULFILLMENT. Promoter may require proof of identity and/or eligibility before releasing prize. All prizes are non transferable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes may vary. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value. Runners Up should allow 4 (four) weeks from prize acceptance for delivery of the prize. Due to the nature of the First Prize, delivery of prize to the Winner is subject to initial receipt by Promoter of prize from supplier on or around the 15th June Promoter shall make reasonable efforts to deliver the prize to winner(s) within 12 weeks following such date.
20. CHILD SAFETY. In the event that The Walt Disney Company Limited wishes to contact you in connection with a competition entry, it will do so via an email address ending 'disney.com' or by phone (with a follow-up confirmatory message from a 'disney.com' email address). Any communication purporting to be from Disney Channel but using a different email prefix (for example, hotmail.com, yahoo.com) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to Disney Channel customer services: email@example.com. We advise that you do not act upon or reply to any such third party correspondence unless and until you receive feedback from Disney Channel. If you have any queries or concerns regarding any correspondence purporting to be from Disney Channel please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. CANCELLATION / AMENDMENT. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this competition or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be published in the competition promotional material and/or in the revised Terms and Conditions
22. OTHER. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter which are final in all matters relating to the competition. No Correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with these terms and conditions. Winners List is available from the Website and/or by writing to the following address: Design a T-shirt Competition (George at Asda), Building 12, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5AN UNITED KINGDOM
23. JURISDICTION. This promotion is governed by the laws of England.
UK Customer Services for Disney Channel: email@example.com