A slice of the desert comes to the UK as Premier Inn celebrates the launch of its first hotel in the Middle East
Dubai is best known for 7 star luxury hotels and for most Brits, seems like an extravagant destination a world away. Not any longer! Britain’s biggest and fastest growing hotel brand, Premier Inn, has announced the opening of its first hotel in the region.
To celebrate the launch, Managing Director Patrick Dempsey and Marketing Director Gerard Tempest, boarded an Arabian camel in true Middle Eastern style to make the announcement, and demonstrated that Premier Inn can bridge the ‘Gulf’ between luxury and quality budget with the forthcoming opening in Dubai.
This new Premier Inn opens up the traditionally luxurious holiday destination of Dubai to those travellers who are looking for great value for money; making it an accessible exotic location for families and couples, of all ages, alike.
Premier Inn’s Top 10 Tips for a Budget Savvy Trip to Dubai
1. Fly Budget: Check out the budget airlines offering cheaper flights to the UAE
2. Sleep Budget: Stay at a budget hotel such as Premier Inn, which offers great quality at an affordable price
3. Shop Budget: Go beyond the big malls and get your shopping fix in Karama, the discount district - remember to bargain, bargain, bargain!
4. Swim Budget: Spend a day at the beach – Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach Park is a bargain at just a few dirhams for entry and the open beaches are completely free. Or stay at Premier Inn and relax by the hotel’s very own pool!
5. Drink Budget: Cash in on happy hour – most bars have happy hours in the early evening and Tuesday is ladies night all over town
6. Drive Budget: Due to the lower price of petrol, taxis are dirt cheap, so relax in the back seat and leave the navigation of Dubai traffic to the masters
7. SightSee Budget: Dubai is home to some incredible architecture: e.g., the Jumeirah Mosque, cross the creek on an abra for a dirham only, and take a tour of the souks
8. Eat Budget: Eat as the locals do on cheap shawarmas, a yummy combination of seasoned meat and vegetables wrapped in Arabic bread, available all over the city
9. Bespoke Budget: Need a suit? Shop for your fabrics in Satwa and have your suits hand made by one of Dubai’s high quality tailors at a fraction of Savile Row prices
10. Entertainment Budget: Check the local press for the offers available all over the city- there are books full of discount vouchers waiting to be used
This new hotel marks the beginning of a strategic partnership with The Emirates Group to develop the Premier Inn brand within the Gulf region. Premier Inn will introduce their high standard, “value” hotel model into the Gulf market with plans to develop at least a further ten sites across the UAE by 2010.
The Premier Inn is located in Dubai Investments Park next to the Green Community, the hotel features 308 modern and stylish air conditioned rooms, with a swimming pool and whirlpool bath and officially opens on 8th April 2008.
- Ends -