26th March 2008
Only ‘Girls Allowed’ for new KIT KAT® SENSES™
Girls Aloud launch new KIT KAT®
Two British icons, KIT KAT® and Girls Aloud, today officially announced they are working together to launch the brand new KIT KAT® SENSES™
The link up will see the British five-piece fronting a TV and print ad campaign, which will embrace the KIT KAT® sense of humour and highlights KIT KAT® SENSES™ as being perfect for those indulgent breaks that women across the UK crave during their hectic lifestyles.
KIT KAT® SENSES TM will offer the crispy wafer and smooth milk chocolate we all know and love – but combined with a light praline centre providing a more indulgent break.
The new SENSES TM bar has been designed with five individual pieces that not only retain the much-loved KIT KAT® snap, but also allow each piece to be savoured individually to make the experience last.
The launch campaign will include a full marketing programme, including TV and press advertising, from April; and in-store marketing; PR and endorsement; and headline sponsorship of the largest Girls Aloud tour to date – ‘Tangled Up’ this May and June.
KIT KAT® SENSES™ is now available and priced at 45p.
For further information please contact Katy Stolliday or Carly Hewitt on
0207 693 6999 or e-mail KIT KAT@frankpr.it
Notes to editors
• KIT KAT® will be available nationwide from March 2008, RRP 45p
• KIT KAT® is the UK’s number 1 biscuit brand
• Over 1 Billion KIT KAT® bars are eaten every year
• Total Kit Kat brand grew 10% in 2007, as more and more consumers enjoyed a KIT KAT break
• 37 KIT KAT® bars are eaten EVERY second!
• Four Fingers is designed for the classic 15 minute coffee break, two fingers for a family break and CHUNKY for a break on the go
• Nearly 70% of KIT KAT® consumers…are currently male!
• At full speed a bar of KIT KAT® CHUNKY is wrapped every 0.03 seconds!
• If you laid out a year’s production of KIT KAT® CHUNKY it would stretch from Land’s End to John O’Groats a total of 5 ½ times!
• KIT KAT® was created in 1935 under the brand name “Rowntree’s Chocolate Crisp”. It changed to KIT KAT® in 1937
• KIT KAT® changed to a blue wrapper in 1945, when it was produced with a plain chocolate covering due to a shortage of milk following the war (this ended in 1947
SOURCE – Nestle Rowntree