Tuesday, 21 June 2011
NEWS FROM ALTON TOWERS
Amy Childs swaps the Salon for searching for ‘Coaster-Cuties’
Alton Towers Resort recruit TOWIE’S bold beautician to find the faces of ultimate rollercoaster TH13TEEN
Fresh from the beaches of Marbella, TOWIE star, Amy Childs has joined forces with the Alton Towers Resort to launch the search for a group of ‘Coaster Cuties’ - 20 fine and fearless female thrill-seekers to become the official faces of ultimate rollercoaster, TH13TEEN. Swapping a shift at the salon for a day of thrills at the Staffordshire Resort, the red-haired beauty is leading the way in the search for the nation’s ‘Coaster Cuties’ on behalf of Britain’s Greatest Escape.
With 20 places up for grabs, the search is on to find the nation’s cutest adrenaline junkies who will then be whittled down to a not so unlucky 13, starring in the Resort’s first official TH13TEEN calendar which will feature the final line-up being put through their paces on the world’s first freefall drop coaster. Open until August, entrants simply need to log onto www.altontowers.com and enter their details, upload a photo and a brief explanation on what makes them the ultimate thrill seeker!
Speaking at the launch of the ‘Coaster Cuties’ search, 21 year-old Amy said; “I absolutely love rollercoasters so the Alton Towers Resort for me is up there with Essex! I’m really looking forward to unveiling the new faces of TH13TEEN who like me have a real thirst for thrills and love to live life in the fast lane. Unveiled later this summer, remember to keep your eyes peeled for the final ‘Coaster Cuties’!”
Not for the faint hearted, the ultimate rollercoaster, THI3TEEN is the world’s first freefall drop coaster which takes riders on a gruelling journey through The Dark Forest whilst being put through a series of twists and turns before plummeting into the unknown. If you think you’ve got what it take to be a ‘Coaster Cutie’ and become the official faces of the Resort’s latest ride, simply log onto www.altontowers.com by Friday 5th August 2011.
Notes to editors:
Terms and conditions
• Entrants must be available to attend a photoshoot at the Alton Towers Resort in September
• Entrants agree for their name and entry photos / videos to be used for media purposes and posted online at the official Alton Towers Resort Facebook page and other social media
• Shortlisted participants will be notified of their inclusion in the photoshoot
• By participating in the photoshoot, entrants agree for images to be used in the media
• Entrants agree to media and press interviews when entering the competition
• All details and timings of the competition are subject to change
• Entries submitted on behalf of third parties will not be accepted
• Entries including pictures of an offensive nature will not be accepted
• Images taken remain the property of the Alton Towers Resort
• Entrants agree to all embargos and must only share information in the public domain with the permission of the Alton Towers Resort
• No cash or alternative prize will be offered if you are unable to accept the position of a coaster cutie
• The Alton Towers Resort’s decision is final
• All entrants must be over the age of 18
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 74 attractions, six hotels/two holiday villages in 17 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 43.6 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 15,000 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The EDF Energy London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Heide Park, Earth Explorer, Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Wildlife World, Sydney Tower Observatory and Skywalk, Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter Underwater World, Oceanworld Manly and Hamilton Island Koala Gallery. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.