Friday, 16 January 2009
NEWS FROM BENNETTS
MAKE A DATE WITH THE BENNETTS BABES
The Bennetts Babes look set to brighten up Britain later this month with the launch of their third annual calendar. In association with Two Wheels Only (TWO), the babes are back by popular demand, adorning a selection of 2009’s hottest new bikes. With a set of stunning shots to make every month memorable, the calendar will be available exclusively in the March issue of TWO, on sale from 23rd January.
From the BMW S1000 RR, to the Triumph Bonneville and Ducati Streetfighter, the calendar features some of the most anticipated bike launches of 2009, alongside the bevy of Bennetts Babes.
Bennetts Babe and Miss February Steph Englis said, “I’ve loved being a Bennetts Babe and starring in the 2009 calendar was an amazing experience. I think every month is going to be February in my house this year!”
Director at Bennetts, Paul Galligan said, “The Babes have injected some fun into the biking community over the past five years and as a result have become hugely popular amongst bikers. We were really pleased to work with TWO on this year’s calendar and look forward to hearing what bikers think about it. ”
To get your hands on a copy of the calendar, simply pick up the next issue of TWO, on sale 23rd January. Exclusive behind-the-scenes images and a Bennetts Babes screensaver will be available from Bennetts.co.uk soon.
* Based on brand tracking research in April 2008
For further information or photography please contact:
Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
Bennetts is a trading name of BISL Limited, Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS. Registered in England No. 3231094.
BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
· Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennetts family in 1930 to provide insurance services to people throughout the West Midlands.
· In the early 1980’s Bennetts decided to devise a number of specialist insurance schemes that would meet the needs of different types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
· In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to offer the ability to buy insurance online, through its website, www.bennetts.co.uk.
· In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
· The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
· The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
· In May 2003, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
· Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson in May 2003.
· In April 2008 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorcycle insurance.
· In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
· In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
· Bennetts was personal sponsor of Moto GP contender and former World Superbike Champion James Toseland from July 2007 to December 2008.