Wednesday, 26 August 2009
NEWS FROM PREMIER INN
UK hotel chain launches recession-busting
£58 honeymoon deal
You’ve heard of the 99p wedding dress and £100 reception? Now a hotel chain is launching a recession-busting £58 honeymoon package to give couples an affordable getaway after their big day.
The £58 ‘Moneymoon’ deal from Britain’s biggest hotel chain Premier Inn will save couples over three grand when compared to the average £3,2201 reportedly spent on honeymoon by UK newlyweds.
The move comes as 73%2 of newlyweds revealed they are stressed about the cost of their post-wedding break; with 52%2 planning to shun a honeymoon altogether this year in order to save money on their nuptials.
The credit crunch busting package is being offered at 9 Premier Inn locations3 across the UK and will include:
• Two nights’ stay for a newly-married couple, including dinner, bed and breakfast
• Rose petals for the luxury Hypnos bed (one of the bedmakers used by The Queen)
• Bottle of Sparkling Wine
• Strawberries and luxury chocolates
• Spa hamper
• Glamorous nightwear
• Cut-price deals on selected sightseeing trips and excursions
Premier Inn spokesperson Steve Conway says, “Our package will give newlyweds an enjoyable and romantic break that won’t break the bank.”
Married couple Gemma and Chris Brooks from Clapham say they are really interested in the package.
Married in June 2009, they had previously not taken a honeymoon due to costs and work pressures. Gemma says, “We spent around £15,000 on a beautiful wedding day for our friends and family but it left us with no time or money to enjoy a break for ourselves. We’re looking forward to having a belated honeymoon.”
To find out more on the Moneymoon package, bookings for which are being offered on a first-come, first-served basis in August and September 20095, couples should email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about a booking.
Steve Conway adds, “We hope newlyweds can put the money they save to good use.”
For those looking for a great value break, and not on honeymoon, Premier Inn offers rooms from £29. For further information go to www.premierinn.com
Notes to Editors
1. Source: You and Your Wedding magazine, 2009
2. Independent poll conducted by Tickbox for Premier Inn, August 2009
3. Locations selected based on Reader’s Digest’s The most amazing places to visit in Britain, see details in appendix
4. Case study available for interview; images available
5. See terms and conditions in appendix
About Premier Inn
Award winning Premier Inn, is the UK’s biggest and fastest-growing hotel brand with 578 budget hotels and more than 40,000 rooms across the UK. Rooms are available from just £29. Premier Inn bedrooms feature an en-suite bathroom, TV, and internet access for business guests. Premier Inn offers customers a ‘Good Night Guarantee’ of a good quality room, comfortable surroundings and friendly service, which is unique amongst Britain’s leading hotel chains.
Premier Inn was the first Britain-wide hotel group to sign up with national tourist board VisitBritain; this means Premier Inn is now part of a new quality assessment scheme, specially created for budget accommodation.
In 2008 Premier Inn launched in Dubai and will be opening in India later this year. On a domestic front, Premier Inn is set to be the largest provide of budget hotels in London by the 2012 Olympics.
Terms and conditions for Premier Inn Moneymoon
1. The offer is open on a first-come, first-served basis to couples married after June 2009 for a minimum 2 night stay. Couples must show their marriage / civil partnership certificate to redeem the offer.
2. Offer must be booked 15 days in advance.
3. Bookings can only be made online via email@example.com
4. Payment is to be made at the time of booking and is non-refundable and bookings are not amendable.
5. The offer is only available at 9 selected Premier Inn hotels, on selected dates and subject to availability, with two Moneymoons available at each of the 9 hotels.
6. Each Moneymoon will include: two night’s stay at Premier Inn hotel for two people in a double room; main dinner meal with one glass of wine per person (from the on-site Premier Inn or Whitbread restaurant) for two people on each of the two nights stayed to value of £50 per meal per night, all-you-can-eat breakfast for two people on each two mornings (from the on-site Premier Inn or Whitbread restaurant). Plus, the following (or items of equivalent value) on arrival only: complimentary bottle of Asda sparkling wine, Asda Extra Special chocolates, rose petals for the bed, 454g punnet of Asda strawberries, a hamper of Boots spa treatments, men’s pyjamas and woman’s nightdress from Primark. The sightseeing offer is part of Premier Inn’s Days Out scheme (see premierinn.com)
7. Bookings can only be made up until September 30th 2009.
8. Stay must be redeemed by December 30th 2009.
9. The offer is only available to UK-resident married / civil partnership couples married after July 2009 aged 18 years and over.
10. Premier Inn has the right to amend or withdraw this offer without notice.
11. Must be booked 15 days in advance