Nicola T Scoops First Modelling Contract after Leaving the Big Brother House
Just a day after exiting the Big Brother house, celebrity model Nicola T has been snapped up by Bennetts, the UK’s number one for bike insurance*, to front its annual Bennetts Babes search.
From fake-tanning Alex Reid and astounding housemates with her uninhibited questions, to walking out of the house barefoot; Nicola T was one of the most popular contestants in this year’s house. The 27 year old WAG, model and aspiring singer will now be donning her leathers and following in the footsteps of celebrity beauties Nicola McLean, Lucy Pinder and Danielle Lloyd to launch the annual search.
The gorgeous Nicola T will be calling for any aspiring models across the UK to enter the search. With only eight places up for grabs, the chosen babes will be unveiled in March and will take part in a string of modelling assignments, marketing campaigns and promotional activity to represent the brand throughout 2010. The competition has a proven track-record of giving girls their ‘big break’: Big Brother 10 winner Sophie Reade was selected for the squad back in 2008.
Hannah Squirrell, Marketing Director of Bennetts says “Nicola T proved to be a great hit in the Big Brother house, so we can’t think of anyone better to launch our annual Bennetts Babes competition. Fans should keep an eye out for the exclusive shots we will be releasing to celebrate her signing, to excite the fans and be a true inspiration to all would-be Bennetts Babes out there.”
* Based on brand tracking research in April 2009
Notes to editors
HISTORY OF THE BENNETTS BABES
Now in its seventh year, the Bennetts Babes are an established feature within the Bennetts brand and have previously been a well-known fixture at Superbike events and amongst the biking and wider male audience. The nationwide search to find the girls is well recognised and is becoming bigger and better every year.
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
• Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennetts family in 1930 to provide insurance services to people throughout the West Midlands.
• In the early 1980’s Bennetts decided to devise a number of specialist insurance schemes that would meet the needs of different types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
• In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to offer the ability to buy insurance online, through its website, www.bennetts.co.uk.
• In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
• The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
• The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
• In May 2003, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
• Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson in May 2003.
• In April 2009 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorcycle insurance.
• In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
• In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
• Bennetts is personal sponsor of Moto GP contender and former World Superbike Champion James Toseland since July 2007.