Thursday, 18 February 2010
NEWS FROM BENNETTS
This is Big Brother – Will all Babes Report to Nicola T
Celebrity Big Brother star launches search for 2010 Bennetts Babes
Nicola T today launched a nationwide search for the 2010 Bennetts Babes by donning her leathers and getting in front of the camera for the first time since leaving the Big Brother house. The annual competition, run by the UK’s number one for bike insurance*, sees the nation’s sexiest babes compete for a place in one of the hottest modelling squads in the biking world.
Nicola T, the 27 year old WAG, model and aspiring singer follows in the footsteps of a host of celebrity beauties including Nicola McLean, Lucy Pinder and Danielle Lloyd to launch the competition. The Bennetts Babes search, now in its seventh year, has played a huge part in the careers of some of the UK’s hottest girls with the gorgeous Big Brother 10 winner Sophie Reade securing a place in the 2008 squad.
Speaking at the launch, Nicola said “The Bennetts Babes search really is a fantastic way for any aspiring models to break into the industry, so all budding beauties should give it a go and upload their pictures and statistics to www.bennettsbabesearch.co.uk. I will be encouraging everyone to check out the website where you can vote for your favourite babe! I will also be keeping a weekly blog about the search, keeping fans up-to-date on the competition.”
With only eight places up for grabs the chosen babes will be unveiled in April and will need to be ready to slip into their famous outfits as they take part in a string of modelling assignments, marketing campaigns and promotional activity to represent Bennetts throughout 2010.
Hannah Squirrell, Marketing Director of Bennetts said “We are really excited to be launching the seventh Bennetts Babes search and are confident that Nicola T will help encourage a record amount of entries. This year there are even more opportunities for fans to get involved, as for the first time a male member of the public will be chosen to be part of the judging panel! And if the promise of a bevy of babes isn’t enough Bennetts is also offering bikers twelve months’ insurance cover for the price of nine until the end of April.**”
For further details on the Bennetts Babes search and to enter, visit www.bennettsbabesearch.co.uk where you can upload your entry photos, short video, contact details and statistics. To be in with a chance of making this year’s squad you must be over 18 and a UK resident. Deadline for entries is 19th March 2010.
* Based on brand tracking research in April 2009
** Available until 30th April 2010, take advantage of the offer by calling 0800 975 9161 or log on to www.bennetts.co.uk/12for9 for more information
- Ends –
For further information or photography please contact:
Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
HISTORY OF THE BENNETTS BABES
Now in its seventh year the Bennetts Babes are an established feature within the Bennetts brand and have previously been a well-known fixture at Superbike events and amongst the biking and wider male audience. The nationwide search to find the girls is well recognised and is becoming bigger and better every year.
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
· Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennett family in 1930 to provide insurance services for the West Midlands.
· In the early 1980’s Bennetts devised a number of specialist insurance schemes for all types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need.
· In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to launch a quote and buy facility through its website, www.bennetts.co.uk.
· In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
o The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
o The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
· In May 2003, following its takeover, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
· In a first for the company Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson from 2003 - 2006.
· In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
· In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the entire 2008 championship.
· Bennetts has been personal sponsor of two-time World Superbike Champion James Toseland since July 2007.
· In April 2009 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorcycle insurance.