Release of limited edition machine marks new environmental awareness campaign
SodaStream is continuing to raise awareness of plastic bottle waste and its devastating affects on the environment with the launch its brand new machine – the Go Green drinksmaker.
The stylish machine is available from John Lewis and online at www.sodastream.co.uk priced at RRP £59.99, and will compliment any environmentally friendly kitchen with its unique design. Available from April, the Go Green machine will be sure to add a pop of green to homes needing an eco-push this Spring.
SodaStream encourages ‘pre-cycling’; avoiding the high usage of plastic bottles in the first instance and saving the need to recycle after use. Using a refillable cylinder and carbonating bottle, it produces significantly less waste than single use bottles and cans, making the ideal option for people who want to ensure they are living more sustainably. One SodaStream reusable carbonating bottle can save up to 2,000 bottles and cans, plus it reduces the energy wasted by transporting billions of litres of ready-to-drink soft drinks.
Plastic bottle waste is an often over-looked environmental issue, and reducing the number of single-use bottles and cans is just one of the ways that people can help to combat climate change. With 42% of adults believing that they use 1-5 bottles a week in their household, when the actual figure is double that, it’s certainly an issue that needs addressing.
Fiona Hope, Managing Director of SodaStream UK comments: “A SodaStream home carbonation system is the ideal solution for people who want to help to create a sustainable future for families. The new Go Green drinksmakers are a fantastic way to practice pre-cycling; by taking one step at a time we can all start to reduce our plastic bottle wastage and help save our planet.”
So this year, why not make green the new black with SodaStream; by investing in one Go Green drinksmaker, people can create endless sparkling drinks from tap water – the smart alternative for those who want to reduce their overall plastic bottle consumption and wastage.
Plus, with over 50 flavours to choose from in the extensive flavour range, soft drink lovers with an environmental conscience won’t have to compromise on flavour or taste!
For further information visit www.sodastream.co.uk
For more information contact the SodaStream team at Frank PR on 020 7693 6999 or email email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
SodaStream manufactures home beverage carbonation systems, which enable consumers to easily transform ordinary tap water instantly into carbonated soft drinks and sparkling water. Soda makers offer a highly differentiated and innovative solution to consumers of bottled and canned carbonated soft drinks and sparkling water. Our products are environmentally friendly, cost effective, promote health and wellness, and are customizable and fun to use. In addition, our products offer convenience by eliminating the need to carry bottles home from the supermarket, to store bottles at home or to regularly dispose of empty bottles. Our products are available at more than 50,000 retail stores in 42 countries around the world. There is also no need for electricity, as when you buy your SodaStream drinks maker, a full CO2 gas cylinder is included under licence, entitling you to use the cylinder with your SodaStream. When the gas in the cylinder is used up, you exchange the empty cylinder for a full one, paying only the cost of the gas refill.
- SodaStream is available at John Lewis, Selfridges, Argos, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Harvey Nichols, Lakeland, Robert Dyas, Comet, Currys Megastores, selected House of Fraser and other forward thinking retailers
- SodaStream drinksmakers enable consumers to transform tap water into fizzy drinks in seconds, eliminating the need for bottled fizzy water and bottled soft drinks
- Each SodaStream reusable carbonating bottle is estimated to save the environment from an estimated 2000 bottles and cans each year
- SodaStream now offers a range of over 40 different flavours, including sugar-free, energy, isotonic, Naturals, mixers as well as fruit flavours and colas. A great alternative to pre-mixed drinks
- Each of the single 500ml bottles of Sodastream concentrate produces 12 litres of soft drink and each of these can replace 24 500ml PET bottles
- The drinksmakers retail from £49.99 and flavours from £3.29 making SodaStream the smart way to consume soft drinks